After making my Cowboy Burgers and Corn Salsa Burgers, I keep churning out the burger ideas in my brain lately! The summer brings on the cookouts and granted this summer we have had minimal time to plan a cookout, so we’ve been doing our own little cookouts with my husband, my son, and I.
The latest creation, Bruschetta Burgers. My husband has decided that these are now his favorite so much so that he had to go get another one and he doesn’t even like tomatoes! This time we opted to use the skillet as opposed to the grill, but you can do either.
Yield: 4 Medium Sized Burgers
- 2 Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- Garlic Salt
- Hamburger Buns (or Udi's Gluten Free Hamburger Buns)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Simply mix the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, and basil then I added a pinch of garlic salt. I poured the olive oil into a small skillet and added in the tomato mixture. I let this simmer on medium heat until the olive oil was soaked into the tomato mixture.
- Meanwhile, I added a pinch of garlic salt to the meat and made the hamburger patties. I cooked these on medium heat until well done, usually about 15 minutes. Be sure to use either oil or nonstick spray in the skillet before cooking to the patties.
- Now, to make the burger, I placed the patty on top of the bun, then added a helping of the bruschetta. Lastly, I topped it with shredded mozzarella.
Serve this with your favorite side of garlic fries and then have seconds!