Strawberry Bread

I recently posted on my Facebook, that my dad gave me my Great Great Aunt Linnie’s recipe collection.  These recipes dated back to the early 1900′s.  I was so appreciative of this collection and could not wait to start trying some of the recipes.

September 16th, 1949 with her oven and stove set.

The majority of them are desserts and breads as she was very involved her local church group and brought treats to each meeting with the woman of the group.  Every recipe has the source written on it or a name of who it came from.  This particular recipe came from Nova.  I believe that is likely a woman she was in church group with.  The first one I tried was Strawberry Bread.  It was just as delicious as I thought it would be.

I used a bundt cake pan for my bread.  This tasted fabulous.  It made me remember all the times that I shared with my Aunt Linnie eating her fabulous sweet treats!

I hope you enjoy this recipe.  I am looking forward to trying another one soon!

16 Responses to “Strawberry Bread”

1. Tammyposted May 12, 2011 at 7:16 am

Thanks for sharing!!! I wonder, would frozen strawberries be ok to use in this recipe?

• Kristyreplied May 13th, 2011 at 6:01 am

Yes, I think they would be fine as long as they are thawed enough to crush.

2. Anna Marieposted May 12, 2011 at 10:31 am

LOVING your photos! You should make a commemorative “cookbook/scrapbook” with photos of your great, great aunt and the photos and recipes from your blog….then, and now! Love it!

• Kristyreplied May 13th, 2011 at 6:02 am

I think that’s a great idea!!

• Donnareplied March 26th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

That’s a wonderful idea!!

3. Anna Marieposted May 12, 2011 at 10:32 am

I also got my Strawberry Bread recipe from a fellow church lady! One of my favorite tasting quick breads!

4. Kristinposted May 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

YUM! I’m hosting a baby shower for my girlfriend next month and I just might have to serve this for the brunch, thanks for the idea!

5. Shannonposted February 22, 2012 at 7:09 pm

This was so easy to make and so delicious!!!! I am adding this to my family cookbook! Thanks for sharing.

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied February 23rd, 2012 at 7:57 am

Awesome! So happy that you enjoyed it!

6. Carmellposted February 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Kristy, Can’t wait to make this recipe! That is a really pretty cross, can you share where it came from? :) Have a wonderful day!

• Kristyreplied February 27th, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Thank you! I think I got the cross at our church, not sure where it came from though originally.

7. Loriposted April 7, 2012 at 12:10 am

Thanks for sharing the great recipe! I’m making this for Easter. My daughter Jamie will love the mashing part!

thanks for sharing. Happy Easter

8. Shanaposted May 11, 2012 at 8:07 am

Since discovering this recipe I have made it pretty much every two weeks – as soon as we run out. It’s amazing. Thanks!

9. Crystal Martinposted March 26, 2013 at 6:04 pm

OOOHHH This sounds wonderful! I’ll be putting this recipe in my recipe box right next to my grandmothers Zucchini Bread recipe. And I’ll definitely have to make some and share a snippet on my blog with a link back to you. Thank you so much for the recipe!!!!

10. Sarah Kposted August 5, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Is this recipe from the Magic Cookbook? My mom has made the same one (with strawberries or blueberries) for years – we used to give it to the neighbors as Christmas gifts! – and I ran across yours while trying to find ways to make it healthier because it is my favorite. Any thoughts?

• Kristyreplied August 5th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I’m honestly not sure, I have it just on that sheet of paper in the pictures above but there is no source on it other than my aunt’s friend writing it on the piece of paper.