Picky Eaters: Cheeseburger Pockets

I saw this recipe for Cheeseburger Pockets recently.  I immediately knew this recipe would be a hit with my toddler who currently wants to do everything himself.  I knew this would be less mess since all the meat and cheese was in the pocket.

I decided to use Jumbo biscuits that were flaky.  This way I could use 1 biscuit per pocket, I split the jumbo biscuit in half then I rolled it out as instructed on the recipe.

My whole family enjoyed these; however, I had the bright idea to use 2 cans of biscuits.  What did that do?  It made 16.  Somewhere around the 4th day of eating these, I was regretting making so many!

This is a kid friendly dish that will be enjoyed by all, just maybe not if eaten for a week.

10 Responses to “Picky Eaters: Cheeseburger Pockets”

1. Tinaposted March 13, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I make those with hot roll mix…as well as my cabbage pockets. Both freeze well and heat up to crisp bread once again in the oven!

2. Brendaposted March 21, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I made these saturday and they tasted really good. But I could not roll out the dough. I ended up just puting the bottom of the biscuit in a muffin pan and putting the top on it. Is there a secret to rolling the dough out? Please clue me in if there is.

Thanks for the recipe.
    Brenda

3. Brendaposted March 21, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I just read the recipe again. I forgot to put the flour on the surface before I rolled it out. Duh!

4. Amandaposted September 8, 2011 at 10:30 am

I just found your site and marked it as a favorite! My mother could not cook for anything! Bless her heart she tried sooo hard (Her wedding shower consisted entirely of cookbooks! Its a family joke!). This is one recipe that she was able to do without any problems. I make this for my boys (husband and a 3 yr old). They love them. Sometimes I sprinkle shredded cheese to bake on top, or put on sliced cheese when out of the oven. I can’t keep them around!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied September 8th, 2011 at 10:58 am

Thanks so much for stopping by, my mom was the same way and still is! lol

5. kellyposted November 7, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I am curious where the recipe is for this, I can’t get the links to work, it takes me to a meatloaf recipe? Thanks!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied November 7th, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I’m actually planning to update this recipe in a few weeks but I didn’t realize the link was doing that. Here is another link this is essentially the same thing.

• kellyreplied November 7th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

oops I mean THANKS!

6. kellyposted November 7, 2012 at 9:47 pm

sweet, thanks!

1. Pingback: FUN FRIDAY: Fun Recipes To Try 5/10 | Xtreme Couponing With Dee Dee