Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Have you ever thought about making Bacon Wrapped Chicken stuffed with cream cheese, but thought it was just too complex for you?  I have.  I did.  I do not anymore.

I tried Taste of Home’s Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe, after making this chicken I was shocked to find out how easy it is to make chicken look beautiful!

I followed this recipe exactly as far as the method goes; however, I did use more cream cheese and bacon than the recipe calls for.  It is going to depend the size of the chicken breast you are using to determine the amounts.  I also added garlic salt to the cream cheese on mine and then topped each chicken breast with a little garlic salt and basil as well.  This added a nice boost of flavor to the chicken.

I love that by posting these recipes I am able to branch out and try things that I always thought would be too challenging to cook, it’s nice to know that not all things that look difficult actually are.

Serve this dish with veggies and it is sure to please your guest!

Enjoy!

11 Responses to “Bacon Wrapped Chicken”

1. Lynposted March 27, 2011 at 11:52 am

My sister made this chicken for dinner for us a few weeks ago. She added chopped jalapenos to the cream cheese, they were delicious. She grilled plain chicken breasts for the kids since the jalapenos make the chicken a little bit spicy.

I love your site!

2. Paulaposted March 27, 2011 at 12:36 pm

WOW! That looks so yummy and SO easy! I may make this tonight. And, I love your site… and the name. I’m another mommy that hates cooking!

Keep up the good work!

3. Wendyposted March 29, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Just curious – did you use the chive and onion cream cheese or did you switch it up?

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied March 30th, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I actually did use plain since that is what I have, but I do think some of the flavored ones would be better. There are so many to choose from that you could do several different kinds to mix it up.

• michellereplied June 27th, 2013 at 11:11 am

I was thinking that a little can of the diced green chilis would be great mixed up with the cream cheese…yummo!!

4. Wendyposted March 30, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I wondered because of the photo. I was thinking about this entire idea and, what with there being so many different flavors of spreadable cream cheese out there, this chicken could be changed so many different ways, both savory and sweet.

Orange marmalade with plain cheese and a marmalade glaze would be nice. Serve a green veggie and maybe a fruit to go with.

Sun-dried tomato & basil cream cheese with some tomato basil pasta sauce over the top would really be nice with some pasta on the side and a salad before hand. I’d probably leave off the bacon and maybe go for a Parmesan cheese & Italian-seasoned crumbs coating instead to hold the pasta sauce. Still fairly easy, yet it tastes like a whole lot more work was done! (My kind of recipe!)

Spinach and artichoke cream cheese – wow! That kicks it up into the realm of elegance. Creamed spinach on the side (if you like it. I don’t, but it sounds like a good match.) or another leafy green. You could leave the bacon on this one or do something similar to the tomato-basil by coating the chicken with a flavored salad dressing and then rolled in plain crumbs before baking.

I really like this recipe because it’s so adaptable!!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied March 30th, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I was at the store today looking at all the different variates. I’m going to try a few different ones, like you said there are so many different levels with this one!

5. Amy Cposted April 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Could you use the new Philladelphia baking cream instead of the cream cheese?

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied April 4th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I have not tried the baking cream, if it’s similar to the consistency of cream cheese, then I think it would work.

6. Katie Piotrowskiposted April 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Oh my, that looks delicous!! I am a fan of anything wrapped in bacon!! lol I will definately have to try this! Thanks for sharing. :)

7. asian recipesposted August 23, 2011 at 9:44 am

I love pizza! this is great recipe, I will try it later. thank you :-)