Walking Taco Salad
After posting my recipe from our Family Favorite Taco Salad, I had many comments that some families make the salad inside an individual bag of chips and using Nacho Cheese Doritos instead of Frito’s.
I thought this would be a great idea to mix up one of my family’s favorite dishes. Using my same recipe for our taco salad, I left out the Frito’s and fixed my salad in an individual size bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos. I have to admit I actually prefer the Doritos over the Frito’s. My husband though is still a fan of his regular taco salad topped over a plate of Frito’s.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- Individual Bags of Doritos or Fritos
- 1 15 oz Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 2.25 oz Can of Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Head of Leafy Green Lettuce
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 Bottle of Fat Free Catalina Dressing
Brown the meat then add in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
Next open the bags of chips and top them with the salad toppings. This includes the meat, the beans, olives, lettuce and cheese. Lastly, drizzle with fat free Catalina dressing.
This is perfect though for kid’s as it is easy and less mess!
I hope you enjoy this alternative way to eat Taco Salad!