Ranch Style Spaghetti

This dish sort of just happened by accident.  I had not initially set out to make spaghetti I was going for hamburgers.  Then, the more distracted I got the more I forgot about my meat, and before I knew it I was out of luck with actually creating hamburger patties!

This was a mistake that turned out for the better because it was a delicious meal!  In my family Daddy’s Meaty Spaghetti or Spaghetti and Meatballs is our fall back meal on days when I am too busy to fix dinner.  In most cases, I try to mix it up so it’s not always the same spaghetti dish.  This time we ended up with Ranch Style Spaghetti.

ranch spaghetti

Serve the meat mixture on top of the spaghetti noodles and you have a zesty twist to a typical spaghetti dish!

Enjoy!

10 Responses to “Ranch Style Spaghetti”

1. Breannaposted February 28, 2011 at 10:23 am

You don’t need to drain the grease from the hamburger? We eat a lot of pasta and will be nice to switch it up!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied February 28th, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Yes, drain the excess grease. I’m going to add a note to this recipe for that. I use extra lean ground beef, it is rare that I actually have to drain it.

2. Wendyposted February 28, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Wow – this looks and sounds wonderful!

3. Dawn's Diversionsposted February 28, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I HAVE to try this. We love spaghetti in our house. Who doesn’t?! LOL!

4. angieposted March 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm

this sounds awefully good must say that I have never made spaghetti but I will try it and see what my family thinks

5. Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKINGposted March 1, 2011 at 3:19 pm

We LOVE spaghetti (what a FUN recipe! We would LOVE LOVE for you to come on over and link these up to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS (theme this week is KID-FRIENDLY) and this recipe is perfect!

6. Allisonposted March 21, 2011 at 4:48 pm

The measurements for this recipe seem off to me. Are you sure it’s just 1 cup of sauce to 1 lb. of meat and 1 lb. of noodles? Normally, I use an entire jar of sauce to 1 lb. of meat and 1/2 lb. of noodles. Going by the way it’s written, it seems like it might be dry? Also, do you drain the tomatoes?

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied March 21st, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I actually liked it with the 1 cup of sauce to 1 lb of meat b/c the tomatoes added additional juice etc to it; however, you can add more if you like it with more sauce. I was going for less sauce with this recipe, typically as written in the other recipes linked to this post I use more. The tomatoes I didn’t drain.

7. Nicholeposted April 8, 2013 at 1:30 pm

What is the purpose of the egg?

• Kristyreplied April 8th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

When we made this it was an extra burst of protein and also we like those little chunks of egg like you would have in a fried rice style meal. You do not have to use the egg though, so if you don’t want to you would still get the same great flavor.