BBQ Chip Chicken

I recently found this Crispy Potato Chip Chicken recipe on Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.  When I first saw the recipe, I thought it was very interesting as honestly I have never heard of using potato chips as a breading.  I must be out of the loop!  I thought this was a fabulous way to use chicken tenders and a perfect kid friendly recipe.

I decided to mix it up a bit and use BBQ potato chips.  I followed the recipe exactly substituting the regular chips for BBQ potato chips.  I was very surprised when I tasted these, they were delicious!  I did not know what to expect when I made them and they were so good I’ll be putting them on our menu plan more often!

I hope you find this dish as tasty as we did!

12 Responses to “BBQ Chip Chicken”

1. Lynnposted January 10, 2011 at 6:52 am

I am so glad that you enjoyed them. I think the bbq chips is a great idea.

• Rebekah Areplied September 25th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Hi Lynn – Any way you can e-mail this recipe to me? I had planned to make it for dinner tonight since it sounds so yummy…I have all the ingredients written down and have purchased them, but when I went to try to find the steps to prepare, it appears that your website has been hacked :-(. I’m not able to get to any information on your website…I can try and guess at the steps, but would hate to bungle it up. I have really enjoyed your site as well as mommy hates cooking….I would have never known about either except I saw links on crock pot recipe exchange. My kids are pretty much grown now, but I have recently returned to school and am no longer working full time so our dining out budget has diminished drastically and we wouldn’t have made it without your wonderful sites! I wonder how our mothers got by without internet recipe exchanges??? maybe trial and error? Please help me out if you can!

2. Melissa C.posted January 16, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I do something similar with the Red bag of Doritios (I’ve tried all the Dorito flavors and none of them taste as good at the Nacho Cheese flavor it’s like the chips lose their flavor very weird…lol) Crush up 1/2 a bag in your food processor. Dip the chicken in egg and a few minced cloves of garlic and bread with the doritos…bake it just as you would any other baked chicken and top with a touch of pepper jack cheese the last 3-5 minutes of cooking…My 3 year old LOVES this recipe (especially since we dont normally have chips in the house..lol)

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied January 16th, 2011 at 9:09 pm

That sounds so good, I’m trying it soon!!

3. shay faubelposted February 17, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I always have a hard time keeping breading on chicken. It always falls off. My variation on this recipe is this:

I take a cup of crushed bbq’d chips and a few squeezes of bbq’d sauce and make them into a stuffing. I butterfly chicken breasts and put the chip-sauce inside. Coat chicken in bbq’d sauce and bake normally, then use a fav shredded cheese on top like you do your pepperjack. Maybe some crumbled bbq’d chips on top before the cheese goes on.

Mmmm delicious :-)

4. Tiffanyposted March 28, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Taco chicken is a favorite in my house. Just crush up tortilla chips in a big Ziploc bag and add a packet of taco seasoning. Coat chicken with chip mixture and bake, be sure to spray the pan with cooking spray as it likes to stick to the pan.

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied March 28th, 2011 at 1:22 pm

My family would love that, I’m writing it down to try that recipe soon!

5. Christaposted October 25, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I have to admit I was skeptical when I first read this recipe….. but I am SOOOO glad I tried it, because it really is tasty! My family loved it, even my hubby (and he’s the picky one, LOL). I also love that is was so quick and easy to prepare. We will definitely be having this again, thanks for sharing!

6. webpageposted December 15, 2012 at 6:07 pm

It’s hard to come by well-informed people about this topic, however, you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
    Thanks

7. Flightsone.composted December 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm

What’s up, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s really fine, keep up writing.

8. t.perezposted March 18, 2014 at 12:40 pm

My mom had started making this when I was a kid because my brothers and I never wanted to eat the meat for dinner. So she decieded to make it with bbq chips and we loved it. It became a favorite in our household and now I make it for my two little ones. So yummy.
    It’s fun when the kids get involved, I let them smash the chips and they have so much fun with it. (=

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention BBQ Chip Chicken « Mommy Hates Cooking -- Topsy.com