Breakfast Pizza Cups

After making Pizza Cups and realizing what a great kid friendly dish this was, I knew I had to try these again.  This time I decided to turn them into a breakfast dish.

Print Print Save Save

Breakfast Pizza Cups

Yield: 12 Pizza Cups

Ingredients:

• 1 Pizza Crust
  • 3 Beaten Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup Sausage
  • 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375*.
  2. Begin by spraying a muffin tin with non stick spray. Then, flatten out the pizza dough and cut into rectangle shapes and lay over each tin, just as instructed in the Pizza Cups recipe.
  3. Once this is done, put your toppings on the bottom. I used sausage in mine, then top each one with enough egg to cover the sausage. Finish each one off with mozzarella cheese.

These will bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.  Breakfast Pizza Cups are very versatile and easy to change the toppings, plus kid friendly!

I actually made these in the evening so that we could grab them and go the next morning.  A perfect breakfast on the go!

Enjoy!

8 Responses to “Breakfast Pizza Cups”

1. Lynnposted March 4, 2011 at 10:26 am

Adding a smidgen of diced sun-dried tomatoes would up the veggie count and add to the pizza taste! You could also sub diced fried bacon, or diced ham! Love the recipe, thanks!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied March 4th, 2011 at 4:25 pm

That sounds delicious, trying that next time I make them!

2. Ashleyposted May 13, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Question. . . Might be a stupid one but. . . Are the eggs already cooked or do you cook them in the oven?

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied May 13th, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Not a stupid question at all! I poured the eggs in and they cooked when I put them in the oven.

3. Sheilaposted May 16, 2011 at 6:21 am

Hi, just found your website. I like the idea of the pizza cups. Just wanted to tell you something that I do. We order out pizza occasionally, and it seems that we always have one or two slices left over the next morning. I take the left over
    slice(s) put in a food processor to chop it up. Add a couple of beaten eggs and either fry in a pan to make an omelette, or I am sure that you could adapt this to your pizza cup recipe. just pour the above ingredients in cups and bake. Simple.

• Kristyreplied May 16th, 2011 at 6:24 am

Wow, what a great idea. I had never even thought to do that. A pizza omelet sounds delicious!

4. Tiffanyposted May 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Do you think these can be frozen?

• Kristyreplied May 25th, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I haven’t tried freezing these, but I would think you could.