This time of year, I absolutely love fixing slow cooker chili. I also like creating variations of chili. This time I decided to try Taco Chili, which turned out to be fabulous!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning (or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning)
- 2 15.5oz Cans of Chili Beans
- 1 15.5oz Can of Black Beans
- 1 14.5oz Can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 8oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
In a skillet brown the ground beef and add in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
Meanwhile, in a large stock pot add in all remaining ingredients, then add in the cooked ground beef. Once this has been brought to a boil, reduce to medium heat and let simmer 15 minutes.
Note: If Gluten Free serve this with a side of corn chips or corn tortillas.
This is perfect served with warm tortillas.
This also can easily feed 8 or more making it an affordable meal!
4 Responses to “Taco Chili”
Pingback: Chili Nachos « Mommy Hates Cooking