Slow Cooker Potato Soup

Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup

In the fall I love to make soups, and one of my favorites is potato soup.  This is a great recipe for a simple potato soup.

I also added Cheddar Bay Biscuits, the same biscuits that Red Lobster uses.  I found this recipe on All Recipes and made it almost exactly as instructed.  I cannot even begin to tell you how easy and delicious these were!  My husband’s coworkers have already placed orders with me to make more!  Try them, you will not be disappointed!

cheddar bay biscuits

Print your coupons and enjoy this meal!

9 Responses to “Slow Cooker Potato Soup”

1. Angela S.posted October 19, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Mmm-I love potato soup! -perfect for a rainy/fall day like today -Might have to try this sometime!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied October 19th, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Thanks for stopping by!!

2. Lisaposted October 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Oooh, yummy!! I love potato soup & love my crock pot. What a wonderful combination!! I’ll have to for sure make this and try the biscuits! Betty Crocker (I think) does make a packet of garlic cheese biscuits that are super quick & pretty close to the ones at Red Lobster if you need biscuits in a pinch!

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied October 19th, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I will have to try that I didn’t know she had one!!

3. Lisaposted October 19, 2010 at 12:52 pm

They are on the baking aisle at the store near the pkgs of muffins & breads usually. I think there are cheese, cheese & garlic & regular buttermilk. They usually make around 6 & I think all you add is milk. Super easy if you’re craving them & don’t have a lot of time (plus my kids can whip them up while I’m doing other things!! Bonus!)

4. Liz - Meal Makeover Momposted October 20, 2010 at 9:05 am

Your blog is so cute and this recipe looks delicious. I’m totally into my slow cooker right now … though my boys sometimes complain that “everything tastes the same.” I just created a recipe for Apple Bread Pudding in the slow cooker. YUM!
    Look forward to visiting your blog again …

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied October 20th, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Thank you so much. That pudding sounds awesome! I bet my toddler would love it too, going to have to try that one!

5. Jackieposted November 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I tried making this tonight, mine is a little bland.. do you add any spices??

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied November 16th, 2010 at 6:12 am

I just did the crumbled bacon and cheese to top it and then dipped the cheddar bay biscuits in it. I thought the biscuits had such a strong flavor that the soup didn’t need any additional spice. However, if you aren’t doing the biscuits or if you like more spice, I would try adding parsley to it or black pepper. You can also add green onion or sour cream to give it a little more flavor.