Strawberry Angel Fluff I Mommy Hates Cooking
Spicy Deviled Eggs I Mommy Hates Cooking
great-day-farms-hamburger-omelet2
mason-jar-Easter-chick-Starburst
italian-subs-cover

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

I love being able to come home from work, and have dinner pretty much done when I walk in the door.  My slow cooker makes this possible!

One of the things my family loves is chicken and dumplings, this is an easy recipe for all to enjoy!

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Then, come home from work and enjoy a meal that requires minimal effort.  This is the perfect one dish meal for a cool, fall day!

Note: If you do not prefer the dumplings to be very moist or doughy, then avoid using the cup of water.  I prefer mine to be more doughy.

Do you have a delicious slow cooker recipe to share?  Link up so we can all try it!

Signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Ok darn it, I’ll have to try this one too!! Keep the slow cooker recipes coming! YUMM-O!

2. OK, I made this today. So far so good. We’ll eat in about 20 minutes. Super easy & smelled great when I came in from work!!

3. OK, this was super tasty. I didn’t have frozen peas (and personally I can’t stand peas) so left those out. Felt it was missing a veggie so I made green beans on the side. The biscuits were good but daughter thought they were too gooey (she’s picky so we ignore her food criticism!). Will make this again!

• Mommy Hates Cooking says:

Glad you liked them! Too funny with the gooey, my hubby feels the same way about being too gooey. He feels that way about all dumplings though, so I ignore his thoughts on dumplings. :)

4. I’m putting this on my menu for this week. Yum-O!

I went to a What a CrOcK party last year. It was fun and I got some great recipes. I wrote about it here:

• Mommy Hates Cooking says:

That’s such a great idea for a party!!! I’ve actually thought about doing something like that, so that’s such a neat thing to see how you did it!

5. Jennifer Ramsey says:

Just wanted to tell you I made this last week and my hubby, daugther, and I really enjoyed it! Got to love crock pot recipes too, especially when you don’t have much time to cook. :) We will be making this again!

6. Just wanted to let you know I made this on Sunday added some carrots as well – very good thanks for sharing.

7. We dont like the really doughy dumplings either so I tore them up into smaller bits and baked them before I put them in. It made them soft but still nice and cooked.

• Mommy Hates Cooking says:

That’s a perfect idea! My hubby rarely likes dumplings b/c of being doughy. I’m going to try this next time I fix them!

8. Is the chicken raw or cooked already when yup put in crock pot??

• Mommy Hates Cooking says:

I put mine in raw, if you want to cook it first then I would just do 1/2 the cook time in the crock pot.

9. What size crockpot was used for this? I have a 4 quart and wanted to make sure it would all fit/cook properly

Thanks

10. How would you cook this on the stove or oven? I just found this recipe and I don’t have enough time to put it in the crock pot. Thanks!!

• I haven’t done it on the stove before or oven. I would say though if you do it on the stove, most likely just cook it as you would soup on the stove. Let is simmer/cook in a large stock pot with the lid on. Then put in the biscuits at the end until they are done but still doughy to be the dumplings. The cook times will all vary, so you would just have to keep an eye on it.

• I figured so.. I’m not a very good soup maker so I thought I’d ask!! Thanks for your help! I’ll be making this tonight since it’s 12 degrees in Texas!

11. Christina says:

What size can of biscuits do you use?