Cheesy Chicken and Noodles

cheesy chicken and noodles

This meal actually started out with a mishap.  The recipe idea I had in my head just did not work!  So, I ended up tossing out a bag of noodles and a few ingredients.  Then, I started over!  My husband informed me after he ate this meal that he was really happy I started over because he LOVED it.  Keep in mind, he is the picky one in our house!

Update:  If you are gluten free, I used this Cheddar Soup recipe.

We served this dish with a side of canned carrots, and I topped the cheesy chicken with a few real bacon bits.

My husband ended up going back for seconds, and I thought I would have some for lunch the next day; however, the whole dish was gone before I even got home for lunch!  This was an easy and affordable meal.  Plus, it was very kid friendly!

9 Responses to “Cheesy Chicken and Noodles”

1. Danaposted October 21, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Looks great! But I think you mean a 16 OZ box of pasta. I’d hate to try to cook a 16lb box all at once in my little kitchen ;)

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied October 21st, 2010 at 7:54 pm

HAHA!!!! Wow, that would be a TON of pasta. Apparently I was going to write 1 lb and then changed to 16oz but ended up writing both!! Got it fixed. Thanks for telling me!!!

2. Dawn's Diversionsposted November 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Looks like something my picky hubs would eat too!

3. jenniferposted November 8, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Ok, this sounds like a hit at my house. We are a family of 7 though. How many would this recipe serve. Should I double it?
    3 kiddos are 7 and under so they don’t eat a ton…maybe with this recipe they will though?!? Hmmmmmm……

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied November 8th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I would probably double it to be on the safe side. This made 6 servings for us, but I think my husband ate enough for 2 servings each time!!

4. erinposted August 23, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I make this for us all the time. We love this recipe! I use egg noodles instead and only use 1/2 a bag. Last night when I made it, I added a can of cream of chicken soup. It made the dish so much creamier and my husband said it was the best I had ever made it! Thanks so much for the recipe!

5. Martiposted April 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Can you freeze this recipe??

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied April 4th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I have not tried freezing this one. I would assume you could then when you bake it, you may need to add a little more cheese and chicken broth to it so that it does not dry out.

1. Pingback: The Week’s Good Eats- Week of December 17th | Start Gluten Free