Fall Harvest Bake
Fall is my favorite season, I look forward to it each year. I love the crisp air, pumpkin spice lattes, and the color brown! Along with that, I love the different flavors that fall brings. If I could give fall it’s own taste, it would turn out a little something like this recipe.
If you are gluten free, you can replace the Cream of Chicken with this Homemade Cream soup! I simply skip the mushrooms and add about 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Of course, you can always buy a can of Gluten Free Cream of Chicken soup too!
Fall Harvest Bake
- 4 Chicken Thighs or Breast, thawed
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Red Apple
- 1 Cup of Rice, Uncooked (Rice that cooks in a minute works the best.)
- 3 Cups of Water
- 1 10 3/4Oz Can of Cream of Chicken (or Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup)
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Start by peeling the sweet potato and cutting into cubes. Cut the red apple into cubes as well, I left the skin on the red apple. In a small bowl melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the cinnamon.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place the rice in the bottom of the dish and mix with the water and cream of chicken. Add the sweet potato and apples on top of the rice and then add the chicken. Pour the butter and cinnamon mixture on top of each chicken thigh or breast. Lastly sprinkle a dash of cinnamon over the top of the entire dish.
- Place this in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. I usually let this cook sometimes up to an hour until the liquid has cooked out of the rice.
- If it looks like there is a lot of liquid left after 45 minutes, take the dish out of the oven and stir up the rice. Then, put it back in for an additional 15 minutes.
11 Responses to “Fall Harvest Bake”
Pingback: Friday Favorites « Mommy Hates Cooking