Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts

baked apple cinnamon doughnuts

In preparation for this recipe, I had fully intended on making ‘real’ doughnuts, that is until I saw how much oil was required!

I immediately had mental pictures of my mom, who teaches diet classes, passing out when she saw that oil.  I could not bring myself to do it!  So, I ended up baking them, surprisingly, they were gone by the next morning!

I thought this tasted surprisingly well to be baked doughnuts.  They will not taste like a typical doughnut, so do not plan on them to.  My husband told me they tasted like doughnuts with a hint of biscuit.  He must have liked them though because he ate all but 2 of them, the only 2 I beat him to!
This is a nice alternative to deep fried doughnuts!

8 Responses to “Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts”

1. Emberposted September 26, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I like the idea of baking instead of frying! YUM!

2. Liz@HoosierHomemadeposted October 8, 2010 at 8:07 am

I really should have had breakfast before visiting you! Those doughnuts look amazing!
    Thanks for Celebrating Autumn with us!
    ~Liz

3. stephanieposted September 16, 2011 at 12:29 pm

For the dough does it matter what kind? besides flaky obviously, all i can find are buttermilk? will these work?

• Kristyreplied September 16th, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Yes they will work.

4. Coryposted June 30, 2012 at 6:31 am

We ate eating these now!!! So good! We didn’t bother to cut the centers outs :-P More biscuit that way! Fun part was that all the kids could pour the sauce over n sprinkle the cinnamon sugar themselves. (5, 4, n almost 2 y/o). Great recipe!

• Kristyreplied June 30th, 2012 at 8:53 am

So glad you enjoyed making them!! That’s a great idea of how to get the kids involved. I’m going to have to make them again so I can get a new picture of them and let my 3 year old help!

5. The Weary Chefposted March 6, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Hi! Thanks to yummy-looking recipes like these, I’ve nominated you for a Super Sweet Blogger award. If you would like to participate, you can see the details here: http://wearychef.com/2013/03/06/lucky-me-super-sweet-bloggers-award/

No worries if you don’t have time, but I wanted to mention you and your SWEET blog :)

1. Pingback: Fatty Foods: Ugly Truth « Mommy Hates Cooking