Beef Goulash

beef goulash

I was recently told that there are many different types of goulash, and this may or may not be one of them. However, my mom always called this dish goulash, so that’s what I plan to call it regardless of what it should technically be called!

On nights when I need something with a lot of leftovers so that my hubby has enough to last him a couple of days at work, and if I know I will not have time to cook for a couple of days…this is the dish I make!

Print Print

Beef Goulash

Yield: 6-8

Ingredients:

• 1 lb of Medium Shells
  • 1 Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1 lb of Ground Beef
  • Shredded Mozzarella

Directions:

1. Begin by cooking and draining the ground beef.
  2. While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells as according to the package.
  3. Once the pasta is drained, return it to the pot and add in the drained ground beef.
  4. At this point, I warm up the pasta sauce for a few minutes in the microwave. Be careful getting the jar out of the microwave because it will be hot. Pour the pasta sauce into the pot and mix well with the beef and pasta.
  5. Serve topped with cheese.

This is a great dish for a toddler meal too if your child can handle tomato based products.
This is very simple, easy, and last us several days!

13 Responses to “Beef Goulash”

1. J. At Your Serviceposted August 20, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I would LOVE to get ideas for toddler meals! He's become a veggie hater and it's driving me crazy! I just subscribed (don't see a Follower button)
    Hope you can visit me at http://www.jatyourservice.blogspot.com

2. Mommy Hates Cookingposted August 20, 2010 at 1:29 pm

If you go to recipe index at the top there are a few toddler ideas posted there. I'm trying to add new ones each week after testing them on my toddler. :)
    Thanks for stopping by, I'm heading to your site!

3. Carlyposted August 24, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I think that every family has a version of Beef Goulash. Ours is made with shells like yours but we use a can of diced tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce. Sometimes I'll even throw in a can of Rotel to make it a little spicy.

Love your header, its so cute!
    Carly

4. Danaposted October 18, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I have some of the beef crumbles from NS&P but when I have cooked them they taste rubbery…what is the secret to these? Do you add water or anything to them?

• Mommy Hates Cookingreplied October 18th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Yes, after using them 1x I realized that they do not work well without a few things!! I use about 1/3 cup of water added to 1 lb of crumbles, sometimes a little more, then I basically cook them/warm them up in the skillet with medium heat. I do this for about 10 minutes. I do this every time I use them even when I’m putting them in the slow cooker. I use them ALL the time, I have really only bought raw ground beef maybe 2-4x in the last 2 years. A few months ago my husband used them and didn’t do this and I could immediately tell that he hadn’t done this first. This makes them taste much better.

5. Adenaposted April 4, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I have a way different reciepe for Beef Goulash. I use elbow noodles and a can of tomatoe sause, can of whole corn, 1lbs ground beef. Salt and pepper to taste……..Most of the time I keep the corn out of it. My mom always used corn but I am not a big fan of the corn in it.

6. Saraposted May 20, 2013 at 10:33 am

In our family we call this “Slum”. However; the receipe is a little different. Hamburger, onion, green pepper, large can of tomatoe sauce. I use the Hunts this is flavored with onion and garlic, then I cook a 16oz box of elbow mac add it in, then a jug of V-8 (I got this on sale) you can also use your own tomatoe sauce. We have 6 in our family. Leaves leftovers for a day.

7. space invadersposted July 8, 2013 at 4:34 am

This may be an incredible website, thanks with this. I’d in order to yahoo pertaining to a number of hours to find out the following set.
    We hate anytime when We the search engines to get discussions to help study I really typically get useless posts and also lots of trash.
    Everyone admittedly take attention for every one of the unsolicited mail along with continue to keep your website pick up in addition to high-quality. Does one have a procedures for my own weblog?

8. Dianaposted July 15, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Genuinely prized the actual web page and furthermore inner most thoughts.
    One is amazing.
    Bless you designed for offering this particular and so i wish to
    escape went through a bit more of the stuff soon after.

Surprising procedure keeping up your web sites cleanse and even
    high quality without any subsequent virtually any junk mail.

You have a techniques with respect to my very own web page to look after they free of direct mail?

After which ideas how you can prepare by way of
    beautiful top shelf including or perhaps a?
    I am sorry for my words :) it is really not necessarily my very own originaire
    appropriate language, hope yourrrre able to be aware of

9. play pacman online freeposted July 29, 2013 at 4:47 am

This is an excellent web-site, thanks a ton to do this. I would to help yahoo and google regarding various working hours to find this unique job.

I personally hate when whenever I personally google and yahoo with regard to content so that you can view My partner and i frequently reveal nugatory content along with a great deal junk e-mail.

You in plain english choose care of each of the trash along with hold your websites clear together with premium quality.
    Do you really have a techniques for by myself web page?

10. Leonaposted February 17, 2014 at 2:35 pm

It’s genuinely very complex in this active life to listen news on
    TV, thus I simply use internet for that reason, and take the newest information.

11. Jamaalposted February 17, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Good blog post. I definitely love this website.
    Stick with it!